Blanche Tate obituary
Mrs. Blanche Marie Thomas Tate, age 89, of Randolph, Va., passed away on Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2011.
Blanche was born in Richmond, Va. on June 13, 1922 to Cecil Emory Thomas and Mary Bertha Thomas. She graduated from John Marshall High School in 1941. She married Lee Roy Tate of New Albany, Mississippi on October 16, 1943, a marriage lasting 68 years.
Separated from her husband by WWII in 1944 and reuniting in 1945 the family lived in Richmond, Va., moving later to Chesterfield Co. She spent her life as a homemaker raising their two sons. She loved working in her flowers, teaching her grandchildren how to fish, playing games and painting pictures. She enjoyed visits from family, friends and neighbors at their homes in Powhatan and lastly in Randolph, Va.
“I am grateful to my parents, wonderful husband, family and all the many people who have treated me kindly. God is in control.”
Blanche was predeceased by her parents, sister, Louise Gatewood Prout and brother, Roscoe Wilson Thomas. She is survived by her husband, Roy Tate of Randolph, Va.; son, Roy Thomas Tate and his wife, Marilyn of Fuquay Varina, N.C., grandchildren, Josh, Andrew, Sara and Nicolas, great grandchildren, Naomi, Grace, Everett and Winston. Son, Robert Wayne Tate and his wife, Jeannie of Ashland, Va., grandchildren, Holly Collins, Matthew, and Anna, and great grandchild, Lynlee.
Visitation and funeral services will be held at Drakes Branch Baptist Church, 4525 Main St., Drakes Branch, Va. on Friday, Dec. 9, 2011 with visitation beginning at 2 p.m. followed by funeral services at 3 p.m. with Rev. Adam Blosser, Roy Thomas Tate and Robert Wayne Tate officiating. Arrangements by Brooks Funeral Home, 115 Main St., South Boston, Va. A graveside service will be held at the Old Glenfield Cemetery in New Albany at a later date and time. Arrangements by United Funeral Service, 700 State Hwy 15 South, New Albany.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...