Codene Ford obituary
Codene Ray Ford, 101, died March 5, 2012 at Primacy Health Care Facility in Memphis.
She was born in Union County on Nov. 27, 1910 to the late Dovie Morris Ray and Marcus Roy Ray. Her grandfather, J. R. Morris, was one of the original settlers of the Tallahatchie Bottom. She was a member of the Jackson Avenue United Methodist Church for 70 years. For her devotion to the United Methodist Women, she was awarded a lifetime membership. She also received the Unsung Hero Award.
She is survived by a son, Will R. Ford and wife Jane of New Albany, a sister, Melvin Mollie Bunch of Oxford, five grandsons, Gordon Ford (Lorraine), Chris Ford, and Clint Ford (Angela) all of Memphis, Glenn Ford (Laura) of Olive Branch and Brent Whiteside (Lori) of New Albany and ten great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 69 years, Dudley Dale Ford, a son, Rayford Dale Ford, a sister, Lorene Holliday and brothers, John Talmadge Ray, Vardell Ray and Howard Lee Ray, Sr.
Visitation was from 5 to 7 p.m., Tuesday, at Memphis Funeral Home and Memorial Gardens, Poplar Avenue. Services were at 10 a.m., Wednesday, March 7, 2012, at the funeral home with interment at Cornersville Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Jackson Avenue United Methodist Church, 3473 Jackson Avenue, Memphis, Tenn. 38122.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...