Codene Ford obituary
Codene Ray Ford, 101, died March 5, 2012 at Primacy Health Care Facility in Memphis.
She was born in Union County on Nov. 27, 1910 to the late Dovie Morris Ray and Marcus Roy Ray. Her grandfather, J. R. Morris, was one of the original settlers of the Tallahatchie Bottom. She was a member of the Jackson Avenue United Methodist Church for 70 years. For her devotion to the United Methodist Women, she was awarded a lifetime membership. She also received the Unsung Hero Award.
She is survived by a son, Will R. Ford and wife Jane of New Albany, a sister, Melvin Mollie Bunch of Oxford, five grandsons, Gordon Ford (Lorraine), Chris Ford, and Clint Ford (Angela) all of Memphis, Glenn Ford (Laura) of Olive Branch and Brent Whiteside (Lori) of New Albany and ten great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 69 years, Dudley Dale Ford, a son, Rayford Dale Ford, a sister, Lorene Holliday and brothers, John Talmadge Ray, Vardell Ray and Howard Lee Ray, Sr.
Visitation was from 5 to 7 p.m., Tuesday, at Memphis Funeral Home and Memorial Gardens, Poplar Avenue. Services were at 10 a.m., Wednesday, March 7, 2012, at the funeral home with interment at Cornersville Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Jackson Avenue United Methodist Church, 3473 Jackson Avenue, Memphis, Tenn. 38122.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Clerk’s office open for absentee voting Saturday morning October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...