Codene Ford obituary
Codene Ray Ford, 101, died March 5, 2012 at Primacy Health Care Facility in Memphis.
She was born in Union County on Nov. 27, 1910 to the late Dovie Morris Ray and Marcus Roy Ray. Her grandfather, J. R. Morris, was one of the original settlers of the Tallahatchie Bottom. She was a member of the Jackson Avenue United Methodist Church for 70 years. For her devotion to the United Methodist Women, she was awarded a lifetime membership. She also received the Unsung Hero Award.
She is survived by a son, Will R. Ford and wife Jane of New Albany, a sister, Melvin Mollie Bunch of Oxford, five grandsons, Gordon Ford (Lorraine), Chris Ford, and Clint Ford (Angela) all of Memphis, Glenn Ford (Laura) of Olive Branch and Brent Whiteside (Lori) of New Albany and ten great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 69 years, Dudley Dale Ford, a son, Rayford Dale Ford, a sister, Lorene Holliday and brothers, John Talmadge Ray, Vardell Ray and Howard Lee Ray, Sr.
Visitation was from 5 to 7 p.m., Tuesday, at Memphis Funeral Home and Memorial Gardens, Poplar Avenue. Services were at 10 a.m., Wednesday, March 7, 2012, at the funeral home with interment at Cornersville Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Jackson Avenue United Methodist Church, 3473 Jackson Avenue, Memphis, Tenn. 38122.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...