David Hitchcock obituary
David Earl Hitchcock, 62, of New Albany, died Saturday, March 3, 2012, at the V. A. Hospital in Memphis, Tenn.
He was born in Steele, Mo., on Oct. 30, 1949, to George and Ramona Hitchcock. He was a member of Bellevue Baptist Church in Memphis, Tenn. and was a retired truck driver. He served his country in the Marine Corps in Vietnam and received the National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal, Vietnam Campaign Medal, Purple Heart Medal and a Combat Action Ribbon.
Services were at 2 p.m. Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at Glenfield Funeral Home in New Albany with the Rev. Lyndle Davis officiating. A private burial will be held. Glenfield Funeral Home in New Albany was in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by wife of 15 years, Martha Frazier Hitchcock, of New Albany; two sons, Michael Hitchcock of Sarah and Jerry Van Allen of Nesbit; three daughters, Jennifer Bernas of San Antonio, Texas, Christina Cruz of Sarah and Dana Mercer of Nashville, Tenn; one stepdaughter, Sandra Giddens of Sarah; one sister, Ruby Emerson of Horn Lake; 12 grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one brother, William George Hitchcock.
A military honor guard will serve as pallbearers.
Visitation was from 5 to 9 p.m. Monday.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- City officials: Do what you can now…but plan for the future December 1, 2016
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...