David Hitchcock obituary
David Earl Hitchcock, 62, of New Albany, died Saturday, March 3, 2012, at the V. A. Hospital in Memphis, Tenn.
He was born in Steele, Mo., on Oct. 30, 1949, to George and Ramona Hitchcock. He was a member of Bellevue Baptist Church in Memphis, Tenn. and was a retired truck driver. He served his country in the Marine Corps in Vietnam and received the National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal, Vietnam Campaign Medal, Purple Heart Medal and a Combat Action Ribbon.
Services were at 2 p.m. Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at Glenfield Funeral Home in New Albany with the Rev. Lyndle Davis officiating. A private burial will be held. Glenfield Funeral Home in New Albany was in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by wife of 15 years, Martha Frazier Hitchcock, of New Albany; two sons, Michael Hitchcock of Sarah and Jerry Van Allen of Nesbit; three daughters, Jennifer Bernas of San Antonio, Texas, Christina Cruz of Sarah and Dana Mercer of Nashville, Tenn; one stepdaughter, Sandra Giddens of Sarah; one sister, Ruby Emerson of Horn Lake; 12 grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one brother, William George Hitchcock.
A military honor guard will serve as pallbearers.
Visitation was from 5 to 9 p.m. Monday.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...