Dorothy Cooper obituary
Dorothy Whitlock Voyles Cooper was born in New Albany on Feb. 9, 1918.
She lived for many years in Memphis, Tenn. and then returned to Union County in 2010 to live with her son. She died March 4, 2012.
Mrs. Cooper retired from St. Jude’s nursing department and was a member of the Nazarene Church on Macon Road in Memphis, Tenn.
Services will be at 2 p.m., Friday, March 9, 2012 at Forest Hill East Funeral Home, with interment following. Forest Hill East Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include her son, Billy Ray Voyles of Myrtle; brother, Ralph Whitlock; sister-in-law and best friend, Inez Cook Smith; the Cook family; grandchildren, Mike (Janette) Ford, Tommy (Becky) Ford, Jr., Gary (Debbie) Voyles; 13 great-grandchildren and 12 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 53 years, Roy Voyles, Sr.; husband Walter Cooper after four years; children, Roy Voyles, Jr., Betty Jean Ford; granddaughter, Laurie Voyles and grandson, Jason Voyles.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m., Thursday.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests any memorials be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
About Chris Elkins
- Overtime magic January 13, 2017
- Lee selected for Alcorn nursing program January 18, 2017
- Hillcrest Baptist Church to host Night to Shine Prom for people with special needs January 18, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- Weather Service to visit as part of severe storm awareness, training January 19, 2017
- Planning can save 15 percent at grocer’s January 19, 2017
- Elementary students honor King January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...