Dorothy Cooper obituary
Dorothy Whitlock Voyles Cooper was born in New Albany on Feb. 9, 1918.
She lived for many years in Memphis, Tenn. and then returned to Union County in 2010 to live with her son. She died March 4, 2012.
Mrs. Cooper retired from St. Jude’s nursing department and was a member of the Nazarene Church on Macon Road in Memphis, Tenn.
Services will be at 2 p.m., Friday, March 9, 2012 at Forest Hill East Funeral Home, with interment following. Forest Hill East Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include her son, Billy Ray Voyles of Myrtle; brother, Ralph Whitlock; sister-in-law and best friend, Inez Cook Smith; the Cook family; grandchildren, Mike (Janette) Ford, Tommy (Becky) Ford, Jr., Gary (Debbie) Voyles; 13 great-grandchildren and 12 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 53 years, Roy Voyles, Sr.; husband Walter Cooper after four years; children, Roy Voyles, Jr., Betty Jean Ford; granddaughter, Laurie Voyles and grandson, Jason Voyles.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m., Thursday.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests any memorials be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
About Chris Elkins
- Macedonia news October 18, 2016
- Cancer patients, families, caregivers need our prayers October 25, 2016
- McCullough joins ACT 30+ Club at New Albany High School October 25, 2016
- ‘Bespoke’ open for business October 25, 2016
- Hurricane news October 25, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...