Dorothy Cooper obituary
Dorothy Whitlock Voyles Cooper was born in New Albany on Feb. 9, 1918.
She lived for many years in Memphis, Tenn. and then returned to Union County in 2010 to live with her son. She died March 4, 2012.
Mrs. Cooper retired from St. Jude’s nursing department and was a member of the Nazarene Church on Macon Road in Memphis, Tenn.
Services will be at 2 p.m., Friday, March 9, 2012 at Forest Hill East Funeral Home, with interment following. Forest Hill East Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include her son, Billy Ray Voyles of Myrtle; brother, Ralph Whitlock; sister-in-law and best friend, Inez Cook Smith; the Cook family; grandchildren, Mike (Janette) Ford, Tommy (Becky) Ford, Jr., Gary (Debbie) Voyles; 13 great-grandchildren and 12 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 53 years, Roy Voyles, Sr.; husband Walter Cooper after four years; children, Roy Voyles, Jr., Betty Jean Ford; granddaughter, Laurie Voyles and grandson, Jason Voyles.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m., Thursday.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests any memorials be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...