Dorothy Cooper obituary
Dorothy Whitlock Voyles Cooper was born in New Albany on Feb. 9, 1918.
She lived for many years in Memphis, Tenn. and then returned to Union County in 2010 to live with her son. She died March 4, 2012.
Mrs. Cooper retired from St. Jude’s nursing department and was a member of the Nazarene Church on Macon Road in Memphis, Tenn.
Services will be at 2 p.m., Friday, March 9, 2012 at Forest Hill East Funeral Home, with interment following. Forest Hill East Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include her son, Billy Ray Voyles of Myrtle; brother, Ralph Whitlock; sister-in-law and best friend, Inez Cook Smith; the Cook family; grandchildren, Mike (Janette) Ford, Tommy (Becky) Ford, Jr., Gary (Debbie) Voyles; 13 great-grandchildren and 12 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 53 years, Roy Voyles, Sr.; husband Walter Cooper after four years; children, Roy Voyles, Jr., Betty Jean Ford; granddaughter, Laurie Voyles and grandson, Jason Voyles.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m., Thursday.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests any memorials be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...