Dot Carr obituary
Dorothy (Dot) Ann Roberts Carr, 83, of Blue Springs, died Monday, March 5, 2012 at her residence.
She was born in Union County on Sept. 15, 1928 to the late Ewell Roberts and Odell Pannell Roberts. She was retired from Van Atkins department store. She enjoyed reading and watching birds, especially hummingbirds. She was a Baptist and a member of Center Baptist Church.
Services were at 11 a.m., Wednesday March 7, 2012, at United Funeral Service with Bro. Mike Brazil officiating. Interment will be in the Center Cemetery. United Funeral Service is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include one son, Richard Carr (Sharman) of Blue Springs and a cousin, Bobbye Foreman of Saltillo.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband Forrest Carr and one son, Dennis Carr.
Pallbearers were Joe Bryant, Charles Bryant, J. D. Roberts, Bill Wigington, Roy Cocke and Jerry Towery.
Memorials may be made to Center Baptist Church 1701 CR 121 Blue Springs, Ms. 38828 or Gentiva Hospice 1140 West Main Tupelo, Ms 38801.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Clerk’s office open for absentee voting Saturday morning October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...