Joe Fortner obituary
Joe Edward Fortner, 91, of Lambert, died as the result of a heart failure on Tuesday, Feb. 7, at Baptist Hospital in Oxford.
Survivors include four daughters, Betty Easley of Olive Branch, Rita Pittman of New Albany, Deborah Wimberly of Clarksdale and Wanda McClure of Batesville; four sons, Allen Fortner of Vance, Wallace Fortner of Maben, Paul David Fortner of Sumner and Stanley Fortner of Water Valley; one brother, 21 grandchildren, 34 great-grandchildren and 1 great-great-grandchild.
Visitation will be from 10 to 11 a.m., Saturday at First Baptist Church in Lambert.
Services will be at 11 a.m., Saturday, Feb. 11, 2012 at First Baptist Church in Lambert. Interment will be in Lambert Cemetery. Kimbro Funeral Home of Marks is in charge of arrangements.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Faulkner readers urged to just ‘keep on goin’ September 22, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...