Joe Fortner obituary
Joe Edward Fortner, 91, of Lambert, died as the result of a heart failure on Tuesday, Feb. 7, at Baptist Hospital in Oxford.
Survivors include four daughters, Betty Easley of Olive Branch, Rita Pittman of New Albany, Deborah Wimberly of Clarksdale and Wanda McClure of Batesville; four sons, Allen Fortner of Vance, Wallace Fortner of Maben, Paul David Fortner of Sumner and Stanley Fortner of Water Valley; one brother, 21 grandchildren, 34 great-grandchildren and 1 great-great-grandchild.
Visitation will be from 10 to 11 a.m., Saturday at First Baptist Church in Lambert.
Services will be at 11 a.m., Saturday, Feb. 11, 2012 at First Baptist Church in Lambert. Interment will be in Lambert Cemetery. Kimbro Funeral Home of Marks is in charge of arrangements.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...