Joe Fortner obituary
Joe Edward Fortner, 91, of Lambert, died as the result of a heart failure on Tuesday, Feb. 7, at Baptist Hospital in Oxford.
Survivors include four daughters, Betty Easley of Olive Branch, Rita Pittman of New Albany, Deborah Wimberly of Clarksdale and Wanda McClure of Batesville; four sons, Allen Fortner of Vance, Wallace Fortner of Maben, Paul David Fortner of Sumner and Stanley Fortner of Water Valley; one brother, 21 grandchildren, 34 great-grandchildren and 1 great-great-grandchild.
Visitation will be from 10 to 11 a.m., Saturday at First Baptist Church in Lambert.
Services will be at 11 a.m., Saturday, Feb. 11, 2012 at First Baptist Church in Lambert. Interment will be in Lambert Cemetery. Kimbro Funeral Home of Marks is in charge of arrangements.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...