Louise Denton obituary
Louise Denton, 89, of Blue Springs, died Thursday, Jan. 26, 2012, at the Golden Living Center in Tupelo.
She was born in Union County on March 21, 1922, to Luther Clark and Nanny Lou Reid Littlejohn. She was a member of Mt. Gilead Baptist Church and a devout Christian who believed in fervently praying. She was a retired seamstress.
Services were at 2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 29, 2012 at Glenfield Funeral Home in New Albany with the Rev. Larry Bain officiating. Interment was in Mt. Gilead Baptist Church Cemetery.
Survivors include one son, Ricky Alvis Denton (Kaye) of Tupelo; one stepson, William Wray Denton (Jean) of Pontotoc; one daughter, Darnell Gilbert (Dale) of Pontotoc; one daughter-in-law, Marie Denton Lee; three brothers, Reid Littlejohn of Blue Springs, Richard Littlejohn of New Albany and Thomas Littlejohn of Brunswick, Ga.; two sisters, Lillie Smith of Brunswick, Ga., and Melba Beaty of Ecru; daughter-in-law, Lois Denton Varnon (Danny) of Ecru; 11 grandchildren; 24 great-grandchildren; and several great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, William Alvis Denton; and a son, Walter Clark Denton.
Her grandsons served as pallbearers.
Visitation was from 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday and until service time Sunday.
Memorials may be made to Mt. Gilead Baptist Church Cemetery Fund.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...