Martha Shannon obituary
Martha Emma Shannon, 86, of New Albany, died Sunday, Dec. 11, 2011 at Baptist Memorial Hospital – Union County.
She is survived by two sons, Paul Hampton Shannon of Ocean Springs and John Thurmond Shannon of New Albany; her grandchildren and her great-grandchildren.
Visitation was from 10 a.m. to noon Tuesdayat the funeral home and from 1 p.m. to service time at Cleveland Street ARP Church.
Funeral services were at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2011 at Cleveland St. ARP Church with Elder Roger Browning officiating. Interment was in New Albany City Cemetery. United Funeral Service was in charge of the arrangements.
Memorials may be made in her honor to charity of donor’s choice.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...