Mary Whitehorn obituary
Mary Sue Massengill Whitehorn, 87, died Monday, Feb. 6, 2012 at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County.
She was born Dec. 5, 1924 in Hickory Flat to the late Arland Chesley Massengill and Mary Ruth Butler Massengill. She was a housewife, and a member of the New Albany Presbyterian Church.
Services will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2012 at the United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. Bill Everett officiating. Interment was in the Ebenezer Cemetery in Hickory Flat. United Funeral Service was in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by a daughter Linda Allen (Jim) of New Albany, three sons Warner Whitehorn (Majel) of New Albany, Larry Whitehorn of New Albany, and Randy Whitehorn of Ashland, a sister Margie Roberts of New Albany, three brothers James Arland Massengill (Nell) of Warner Robins, Ga., Amos Massengill (Mamie) of New Albany, and Douglas Massengill (Snjezana) of Niles, Ill., six grandchildren, and seven great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, and her husband Lawrence Whitehorn.
Pallbearers will be Ty Whitehorn, Robert Whitehorn, Jimmy Roberts, Barry Royals, Randy Ray Whitehorn, and Thomas Massengill.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...