Paula Carter obituary
Paula Ann Carter, 63, of New Albany, died at her home.
She was born on Jan. 29, 1948, in New Albany to Paul and Louise Kirk Cossitt. She was a member of Mt. Olivet Methodist Church and a retired home health nurse. She was an avid sports fan.
Services were at noon Friday, Dec. 23, 2011 at Glenfield Funeral Home in New Albany with Bro. Jerry Bishop and Bro. Trey Lambert officiating. Interment was in Mt. Olivet Methodist Church Cemetery. Glenfield Funeral Home was in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include her daughter, Rhonda McDonald (Chris) of New Albany; her father, Paul Cossitt (Neadie) of Baldwyn; two sisters, Jan Cossitt of Clinton and Sherry Hillensbeck (Jack) of Biloxi; step sister, Sarah Hall (Dwight) of Baldwyn; two brothers, Mike Cossitt (Caity) of Searcy, Ark., and Kevin Cossitt (Lorie) of Biloxi; granddaughter, Shayna McDonald; and two close special friends, Bonnie Dunnam and Ann Studdard.
She was preceded in death by her mother, Louise Kirk Cossitt.
Pallbearers were Mike Cossitt, Kevin Cossitt, Jack Hillensbeck, Kirk Hillensbeck, Dwight Hall and Cole Busby.
Visitation was from 10 a.m. until service time Friday.
Memorials may be made to Keownville Baptist Church or Mt. Olivet Methodist Church.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...