Ruby Dale Potts Hollingsworth, 93, of Potts Camp, died Feb. 27, 2012 at Sunshine Health Care, Inc., in Pontotoc.
She was a member of the First United Methodist Church, a community correspondent for The South Reporter for approximately 30 years, a known genealogist for the area, author of a book “Memories of Potts Camp on the Old Pontotoc Trail,” a great-great-granddaughter of Col. Erasmus and Elizabeth Brownlee Potts, the first settlers of Potts Camp.
Services were held at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 29, 2012 at United Funeral Service in New Albany with visitation for one hour prior to the service. Interment was in the Potts Camp Cemetery.
Survivors include two sons, Jimmy L. Hollingsworth (Martha) of Tupelo, and Dr. Dan Potts Hollingsworth (Elizabeth) of Demorest, Ga.; a daughter, Betty Hollingsworth Greer (David) of the Cornersville community; nine grandchildren, Vickie Lea Winter (Earl), David Hollingsworth (Teresa), Sonya Kidd (Greg), Tracy Pipkin (Bobby), David Greer, Jr. (Amy), Dr. Liesa Harte, Luke Hollingsworth, Clark Hollingsworth and Jake Hollingsworth; 10 great-grandchildren: Skylar Brooke Griffin, David Greer III, Mary Greer, Hannah Greer, Lilah Shepherd, Julia Blond, Mireille Blond, Olivia Blond, Nathan Blond and Lewis Blond.
She was preceded in death by her parents, James Benton and Mae Harris Potts; her husband, L. D. Hollingsworth; brothers, James Potts, Charles L. Potts, and Bennie Potts and sister, Ann Potts Hill.
Memorial contributions may be made to the First United Methodist Church in Potts Camp or a church of your choice.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...