Tommy Payne obituary
Tommy Dale “Slim Jim” Payne, 62, died Saturday, Dec. 3, 2011 at the North Miss. Medical Center in Tupelo after a long illness.
He was born in Blue Springs on June 18, 1949 to the late Flynn Payne and Emma Langston Payne. He graduated from Saltillo High School, spent most of his working life as a truck driver for area furniture industries and was a Baptist. He was known countrywide by his trucking handle, Slim Jim and enjoyed as a chief hobby, fishing.
A prayer service was held in the Tupelo Room of Holland Funeral Directors on Cliff Gookin at 4 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 4, 2011. Burial was private.
Survivors include his son, Stephen Payne (fiancé, Rhonda Scott) of Vina, Ala.; a daughter, Amanda Pichette (Dale) of Ecru; his grandchildren, Haley, Josh, Preston, Bryce, Taylor and Madison; a great-grandchild, Arianna; three brothers, Lawrence Payne (Frances) of Olive Branch, Johnny Payne (Sarah) of Lake Cormorant and Ronald Payne (Brenda) of Saltillo; a sister, Bonnie Smith (Jewel) of Saltillo.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother, Bobby Payne, a sister, Anita Payne and the mother of his children, Betty Payne.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Faulkner readers urged to just ‘keep on goin’ September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Ollie Otter teaches kids to buckle up September 27, 2016
- Supervisors try again on bridge contract September 27, 2016
- Main Street drainage work delayed September 27, 2016
- NAES students study Constitution September 27, 2016
- Tell us what you want the news to be September 27, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...