Tommy Whisenant obituary
Tommy Gene “Tom” Whisenant, 55, of New Albany, died Saturday, Feb. 11, 2012 at his residence.
He was born on March 24, 1956 in Aurora, Ill. to Winfred Wray Whisenant and Velma Elizabeth Howell Whisenant. He was a member of Macedonia Baptist Church and had been a member of AA for 21 years, serving as a district officer. He was employed by Riverside Traffic as a payroll clerk and EEO official.
Services were at 11:30 a.m., Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2012 at Glenfield Funeral Home with Louie Williams officiating. Interment was at Glenfield Memorial Park. Glenfield Funeral Home of New Albany was in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Marnelle Plunk Whisenant of New Albany; one son, William Raymond Franks of Smyrna, Ga.; two brothers, Ron Whisenant (Wendy) of Arley, Ala. and Wray Whisenant (Patty) of Yorkville, Ill.; several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Pallbearers inlcude Larry Koon, Richard Crisel, Charles Shettles, Brad Farr, Tim Elkins and Tony Harden.
Visitation was from 4 to 8 p.m., Monday.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...