Tommy Whisenant obituary
Tommy Gene “Tom” Whisenant, 55, of New Albany, died Saturday, Feb. 11, 2012 at his residence.
He was born on March 24, 1956 in Aurora, Ill. to Winfred Wray Whisenant and Velma Elizabeth Howell Whisenant. He was a member of Macedonia Baptist Church and had been a member of AA for 21 years, serving as a district officer. He was employed by Riverside Traffic as a payroll clerk and EEO official.
Services were at 11:30 a.m., Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2012 at Glenfield Funeral Home with Louie Williams officiating. Interment was at Glenfield Memorial Park. Glenfield Funeral Home of New Albany was in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Marnelle Plunk Whisenant of New Albany; one son, William Raymond Franks of Smyrna, Ga.; two brothers, Ron Whisenant (Wendy) of Arley, Ala. and Wray Whisenant (Patty) of Yorkville, Ill.; several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Pallbearers inlcude Larry Koon, Richard Crisel, Charles Shettles, Brad Farr, Tim Elkins and Tony Harden.
Visitation was from 4 to 8 p.m., Monday.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...