Tommy Whisenant obituary
Tommy Gene “Tom” Whisenant, 55, of New Albany, died Saturday, Feb. 11, 2012 at his residence.
He was born on March 24, 1956 in Aurora, Ill. to Winfred Wray Whisenant and Velma Elizabeth Howell Whisenant. He was a member of Macedonia Baptist Church and had been a member of AA for 21 years, serving as a district officer. He was employed by Riverside Traffic as a payroll clerk and EEO official.
Services were at 11:30 a.m., Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2012 at Glenfield Funeral Home with Louie Williams officiating. Interment was at Glenfield Memorial Park. Glenfield Funeral Home of New Albany was in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Marnelle Plunk Whisenant of New Albany; one son, William Raymond Franks of Smyrna, Ga.; two brothers, Ron Whisenant (Wendy) of Arley, Ala. and Wray Whisenant (Patty) of Yorkville, Ill.; several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Pallbearers inlcude Larry Koon, Richard Crisel, Charles Shettles, Brad Farr, Tim Elkins and Tony Harden.
Visitation was from 4 to 8 p.m., Monday.
About Chris Elkins
- Macedonia news October 18, 2016
- Historic flag visits museum for bicentennial October 18, 2016
- Sharing at Christmas drive begins; applications due Oct. 29 October 18, 2016
- We’re moving October 18, 2016
- Lady Urchins sweep Calhoun City and advance to North Half October 18, 2016
- McCullough joins ACT 30+ Club at New Albany High School October 25, 2016
- ‘Bespoke’ open for business October 25, 2016
- Hurricane news October 25, 2016
- Macedonia news October 25, 2016
- Calvary United Methodist Church to host annual barbecue October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...