Wayne Rutledge obituary
Wayne Lamar Rutledge, 87, died Saturday, Feb. 18, 2012, at his residence.
He was a retired Baptist minister and member of Horton Memorial Baptist Church. He was a life member of Rocky Ford Masonic Lodge, Chapter 185, and Grand York Rites, Chapter 49.
Services were at 11 a.m. Monday, Feb. 20, 2012 at Horton Memorial Baptist Church in Ecru with the Rev. James Rutledge and the Rev. Owen Hitchcock officiating. Interment was in Bethel Baptist Church Cemetery. Glenfield Funeral Home was in charge.
Survivors include his wife of 67 years, Ila Rutledge; two brothers, Billy Rutledge of Tupelo, and the Rev. James Rutledge of Amory; one sister, Annette Rutledge Smith of Etta; four grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his two children, a son, Toy Rutledge, and a daughter, Glenda Rutledge Crutchfield; his parents, Barm and Cuebell Benjamin Rutledge; and one brother, Barm Rutledge Jr.
Pallbearers were Larry Smith, Chuck Crutchfield, Andy Vancil, Kirk Rutledge, Mark Bandy and Jerry Horton.
Honorary pallbearers were Lanny Benjamin, Danny Benjamin and the gentlemen of the Adult Sunday School Class of Horton Memorial Baptist Church, J.P. Garrit and Robert Todd.
Visitation was from 5 until 8 p.m. Sunday at Horton Memorial Baptist Church.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...