Wayne Rutledge obituary
Wayne Lamar Rutledge, 87, died Saturday, Feb. 18, 2012, at his residence.
He was a retired Baptist minister and member of Horton Memorial Baptist Church. He was a life member of Rocky Ford Masonic Lodge, Chapter 185, and Grand York Rites, Chapter 49.
Services were at 11 a.m. Monday, Feb. 20, 2012 at Horton Memorial Baptist Church in Ecru with the Rev. James Rutledge and the Rev. Owen Hitchcock officiating. Interment was in Bethel Baptist Church Cemetery. Glenfield Funeral Home was in charge.
Survivors include his wife of 67 years, Ila Rutledge; two brothers, Billy Rutledge of Tupelo, and the Rev. James Rutledge of Amory; one sister, Annette Rutledge Smith of Etta; four grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his two children, a son, Toy Rutledge, and a daughter, Glenda Rutledge Crutchfield; his parents, Barm and Cuebell Benjamin Rutledge; and one brother, Barm Rutledge Jr.
Pallbearers were Larry Smith, Chuck Crutchfield, Andy Vancil, Kirk Rutledge, Mark Bandy and Jerry Horton.
Honorary pallbearers were Lanny Benjamin, Danny Benjamin and the gentlemen of the Adult Sunday School Class of Horton Memorial Baptist Church, J.P. Garrit and Robert Todd.
Visitation was from 5 until 8 p.m. Sunday at Horton Memorial Baptist Church.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...