Wayne Rutledge obituary
Wayne Lamar Rutledge, 87, died Saturday, Feb. 18, 2012, at his residence.
He was a retired Baptist minister and member of Horton Memorial Baptist Church. He was a life member of Rocky Ford Masonic Lodge, Chapter 185, and Grand York Rites, Chapter 49.
Services were at 11 a.m. Monday, Feb. 20, 2012 at Horton Memorial Baptist Church in Ecru with the Rev. James Rutledge and the Rev. Owen Hitchcock officiating. Interment was in Bethel Baptist Church Cemetery. Glenfield Funeral Home was in charge.
Survivors include his wife of 67 years, Ila Rutledge; two brothers, Billy Rutledge of Tupelo, and the Rev. James Rutledge of Amory; one sister, Annette Rutledge Smith of Etta; four grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his two children, a son, Toy Rutledge, and a daughter, Glenda Rutledge Crutchfield; his parents, Barm and Cuebell Benjamin Rutledge; and one brother, Barm Rutledge Jr.
Pallbearers were Larry Smith, Chuck Crutchfield, Andy Vancil, Kirk Rutledge, Mark Bandy and Jerry Horton.
Honorary pallbearers were Lanny Benjamin, Danny Benjamin and the gentlemen of the Adult Sunday School Class of Horton Memorial Baptist Church, J.P. Garrit and Robert Todd.
Visitation was from 5 until 8 p.m. Sunday at Horton Memorial Baptist Church.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...