Urchins, Falcons earn weekend wins
East Union split in its games on Saturday, defeating Thrasher, 11-1, and falling, 4-3, to Saltillo. Against the Tigers, Dustin Pratt and Cody Dillard had two hits each in the loss. Saltillo opened the scoring in the fourth, highlighted by a two-run homerun by Chase Hill. The Urchins cut the lead to one in the bottom half of the fifth off a two-run shot by Pratt. Pratt later hit a double in the seventh and scored off a single by Cody Dillard, making it 4-3. Hill had three RBI for the Tigers while Pratt brought in two runs for East Union, which snapped a five-game winning streak that saw the Urchins outscore its opponents, 73-7. Earlier on Saturday, East defeated Thrasher, 11-1, with Jacob Elder leading with four RBI. East Union (7-4) will next play on Thursday, taking on Ingomar in the Union County Tournament at 2 p.m. Falcons take two wins on Saturday Ingomar earned two wins over the weekend, improving to 6-1 on the season. In the first game of its double header, the Falcons pulled out a 1-0 win over Wheeler in a defensive battle that saw no hits for either team until the third inning. Anthony Moore for the Eagles recorded the first hit, but it was Ingomar with the one run in the fifth, capitalizing off of three Wheeler errors. Dillon Speck opened the frame for the Falcons with a leadoff single, and Chance Maxey placed runners on the corners on an error. With two outs and bases loaded, Joseph Broom brought in the Falcons’ run on an error. Josh Thompson had the win for Ingomar on the mound, pitching five innings with six strikeouts. Austin Sanders went in for Thompson in the sixth, striking out five of six batters. Other scores from Saturday: New Albany 11 Itawamba 1 Potts Camp 11 West Union 10 West Union 14 Hickory Flat 0
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday