Support community events
If you have passed by the Magnolia Civic Center recently, I hope you have noticed the attractively decorated front windows. These window displays were designed by Ms. LeeAnn Thompson’s senior art students. In addition to showcasing the artistic talents of these students, the displays announce two exceptional upcoming performances.
Jazz Lite Orchestra will return to the Cine’ on Sunday, March 25 to lend their talents in fundraising efforts for New Haven Center for Special Needs Adults. Joining these professional musicians will be High Hopes, New Haven’s own chorus under the direction of Lanta Craig. This event marks the 50th anniversary of the first year students were served at New Haven. In conjunction with the program, the annual Faith, Hope, and Love awards will be presented, as well as a special recognition award. The program begins at 2 p.m. Reserved seat tickets are on sale at Main Street/UCDA for $10. Proceeds will be used to meet the needs of the New Haven clients.
On Sunday afternoon, April 1, the Tupelo Symphony will present A Broadway Salute to the Troops. We are so very fortunate to host these musicians who live and perform all over the country. The New Albany High School ROTC color guard will open the program. The $15 ticket for a comparable program is far less than you would pay in Tupelo, Oxford, or Memphis. A volunteer group has solicited funds to sponsor the symphony in New Albany, which begins at 2 p.m. Reserved seat tickets are on sale at Main Street/UCDA.
These two events need and deserve our support. The future of performances like these in our community will primarily be determined by attendance. Therefore, if you value events like these and want to ensure they continue, please buy a ticket and attend.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert