Support community events
If you have passed by the Magnolia Civic Center recently, I hope you have noticed the attractively decorated front windows. These window displays were designed by Ms. LeeAnn Thompson’s senior art students. In addition to showcasing the artistic talents of these students, the displays announce two exceptional upcoming performances.
Jazz Lite Orchestra will return to the Cine’ on Sunday, March 25 to lend their talents in fundraising efforts for New Haven Center for Special Needs Adults. Joining these professional musicians will be High Hopes, New Haven’s own chorus under the direction of Lanta Craig. This event marks the 50th anniversary of the first year students were served at New Haven. In conjunction with the program, the annual Faith, Hope, and Love awards will be presented, as well as a special recognition award. The program begins at 2 p.m. Reserved seat tickets are on sale at Main Street/UCDA for $10. Proceeds will be used to meet the needs of the New Haven clients.
On Sunday afternoon, April 1, the Tupelo Symphony will present A Broadway Salute to the Troops. We are so very fortunate to host these musicians who live and perform all over the country. The New Albany High School ROTC color guard will open the program. The $15 ticket for a comparable program is far less than you would pay in Tupelo, Oxford, or Memphis. A volunteer group has solicited funds to sponsor the symphony in New Albany, which begins at 2 p.m. Reserved seat tickets are on sale at Main Street/UCDA.
These two events need and deserve our support. The future of performances like these in our community will primarily be determined by attendance. Therefore, if you value events like these and want to ensure they continue, please buy a ticket and attend.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...