Support community events
If you have passed by the Magnolia Civic Center recently, I hope you have noticed the attractively decorated front windows. These window displays were designed by Ms. LeeAnn Thompson’s senior art students. In addition to showcasing the artistic talents of these students, the displays announce two exceptional upcoming performances.
Jazz Lite Orchestra will return to the Cine’ on Sunday, March 25 to lend their talents in fundraising efforts for New Haven Center for Special Needs Adults. Joining these professional musicians will be High Hopes, New Haven’s own chorus under the direction of Lanta Craig. This event marks the 50th anniversary of the first year students were served at New Haven. In conjunction with the program, the annual Faith, Hope, and Love awards will be presented, as well as a special recognition award. The program begins at 2 p.m. Reserved seat tickets are on sale at Main Street/UCDA for $10. Proceeds will be used to meet the needs of the New Haven clients.
On Sunday afternoon, April 1, the Tupelo Symphony will present A Broadway Salute to the Troops. We are so very fortunate to host these musicians who live and perform all over the country. The New Albany High School ROTC color guard will open the program. The $15 ticket for a comparable program is far less than you would pay in Tupelo, Oxford, or Memphis. A volunteer group has solicited funds to sponsor the symphony in New Albany, which begins at 2 p.m. Reserved seat tickets are on sale at Main Street/UCDA.
These two events need and deserve our support. The future of performances like these in our community will primarily be determined by attendance. Therefore, if you value events like these and want to ensure they continue, please buy a ticket and attend.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...