Severe weather season is here again. It’s the time when we start paying more attention to the weather forecast, and worrying about whether there are tornado watches or tornado warnings for our areas.
This year, though, we have another tool available at our disposal to help make certain we get important emergency information. It’s called the Code RED system.
Union County has joined the plan that provides sort of a reverse 911 calling system. Instead of us calling 911 in case of an emergency, the system calls us. The system is available to residents of Union County under an agreement between the Union County Board of Supervisors and the Three Rivers Planning and Development District.
John Byers, who works for Three Rivers, said, “This system will notify people in a specific area of the county if there is an emergency in that area, such as a chemical spill, for example,” Byers said. “The system can also be used as a weather warning system, and will notify people if there is dangerous weather headed their way.”
The system will call land line telephone numbers, cell phone numbers and send text messages and e-mails. There is no limit to the number of phone numbers that can be dialed.
We think it’s a great system, and it’s free to the users. And you can pick the kinds of things you want to be notified about.
The catch is that it can’t notify us if we haven’t signed up. And you have to sign up online or have some one do it for you. The online address is trpdd.com/codered/. Then click on Union County.
Everyone with a phone should sign up immediately. The system could save your life.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series