It’s green thumb time
It’s spring and that means it is time for the New Albany Home and Garden Show, which will take place next Friday and Saturday, March 30-31.
This will be the fourth year for the event, sponsored by the Union County Master Gardeners Association with help from the Mississippi State Extension Service, at the Union County Fairgrounds.
The show features more than 20 free programs, as well as exhibits and vendors. A highlight is a ticketed $15 lunch on Friday. The lunch speaker is Patty Roper, editorial director of Mississippi Magazine. Her topic is “Southern Entertaining with Ease and Style.”
The event has grown in attendance each year, although last year’s Home and Garden Show was marred by quite a bit of rain on Saturday.
We recommend the New Albany Home and Garden Show if you have a green thumb or would like to try to acquire one. It’s a good weekend activity for gardening enthusiasts.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Clerk’s office open for absentee voting Saturday morning October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...