It’s green thumb time
It’s spring and that means it is time for the New Albany Home and Garden Show, which will take place next Friday and Saturday, March 30-31.
This will be the fourth year for the event, sponsored by the Union County Master Gardeners Association with help from the Mississippi State Extension Service, at the Union County Fairgrounds.
The show features more than 20 free programs, as well as exhibits and vendors. A highlight is a ticketed $15 lunch on Friday. The lunch speaker is Patty Roper, editorial director of Mississippi Magazine. Her topic is “Southern Entertaining with Ease and Style.”
The event has grown in attendance each year, although last year’s Home and Garden Show was marred by quite a bit of rain on Saturday.
We recommend the New Albany Home and Garden Show if you have a green thumb or would like to try to acquire one. It’s a good weekend activity for gardening enthusiasts.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes September 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Ignoring burn ban can cost you money September 29, 2016
- BNA Bank converting former bus station into new mortgage center September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...