It’s green thumb time
It’s spring and that means it is time for the New Albany Home and Garden Show, which will take place next Friday and Saturday, March 30-31.
This will be the fourth year for the event, sponsored by the Union County Master Gardeners Association with help from the Mississippi State Extension Service, at the Union County Fairgrounds.
The show features more than 20 free programs, as well as exhibits and vendors. A highlight is a ticketed $15 lunch on Friday. The lunch speaker is Patty Roper, editorial director of Mississippi Magazine. Her topic is “Southern Entertaining with Ease and Style.”
The event has grown in attendance each year, although last year’s Home and Garden Show was marred by quite a bit of rain on Saturday.
We recommend the New Albany Home and Garden Show if you have a green thumb or would like to try to acquire one. It’s a good weekend activity for gardening enthusiasts.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins outrun Bears in jamboree win August 18, 2016
- Klarksyn Denise Coleman birth announcement August 23, 2016
- Wilder to celebrate 90th birthday August 23, 2016
- Purvis couple celebrates 70th wedding anniversary August 23, 2016
- Hurricane news August 23, 2016
- Long ball drops Lady Hawks August 23, 2016
- Latest city school test scores good August 23, 2016
- Multi-faceted author John Hailman to be guest speaker at Faulkner Literary Luncheon August 23, 2016
- Delinquent tax land sale something of misnomer August 23, 2016
- Paul Rainey museum program returns by popular demand August 23, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...