It’s green thumb time
It’s spring and that means it is time for the New Albany Home and Garden Show, which will take place next Friday and Saturday, March 30-31.
This will be the fourth year for the event, sponsored by the Union County Master Gardeners Association with help from the Mississippi State Extension Service, at the Union County Fairgrounds.
The show features more than 20 free programs, as well as exhibits and vendors. A highlight is a ticketed $15 lunch on Friday. The lunch speaker is Patty Roper, editorial director of Mississippi Magazine. Her topic is “Southern Entertaining with Ease and Style.”
The event has grown in attendance each year, although last year’s Home and Garden Show was marred by quite a bit of rain on Saturday.
We recommend the New Albany Home and Garden Show if you have a green thumb or would like to try to acquire one. It’s a good weekend activity for gardening enthusiasts.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...