It’s green thumb time
It’s spring and that means it is time for the New Albany Home and Garden Show, which will take place next Friday and Saturday, March 30-31.
This will be the fourth year for the event, sponsored by the Union County Master Gardeners Association with help from the Mississippi State Extension Service, at the Union County Fairgrounds.
The show features more than 20 free programs, as well as exhibits and vendors. A highlight is a ticketed $15 lunch on Friday. The lunch speaker is Patty Roper, editorial director of Mississippi Magazine. Her topic is “Southern Entertaining with Ease and Style.”
The event has grown in attendance each year, although last year’s Home and Garden Show was marred by quite a bit of rain on Saturday.
We recommend the New Albany Home and Garden Show if you have a green thumb or would like to try to acquire one. It’s a good weekend activity for gardening enthusiasts.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...