Northeast golf finishes seventh at MSU golf course
Northeast Mississippi Community College’s golf team finished seventh at the Mississippi State Golf Course in Starkville in the Mississippi Association of Community & Junior Colleges (MACJC) fourth event of 2012.
Leading the way at the tournament was Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College with an overall score of 589 (300-289). East Mississippi wasn’t far behind finishing with two-day 596 (299-297), while Northwest shot a 603 followed by Copiah Lincoln’s 605, Jones Junior College’s 625, and Itawamba who got the sixth spot with a 653.
Rounding out the top ten was East Central (671), Hinds (697), and Holmes (709).
Easton Cartwright once again led the way for Northeast finishing the event with a two-day average of 160 (82-78) followed by teammates Jordan Wilson’s 162, Blake Conlee’s 165, and Taylor Trimble’s 167.
Next up for the Tigers will be event number five hosted by Northwest Mississippi Community College on April 2-3 at North Creek in Horn Lake for day one and Wedgewood in Olive Branch for day two.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...