Charter school funding
Here are some issues to consider about Mississippi charter school funding.
In both the senate and house bills, each charter school would be considered a separate school district? Would that not create more school districts at a time when the legislature says there should be fewer?
Also, charter bills would create a board at the state level to approve and regulate local charter schools. Would this not create another regulatory agency?
Both state and federal budget allocations to districts are based on mandated programs that charter schools typically either do not include, or include in a very limited manner. Some examples of mandated programs include: alternative schools, bus transportation, gifted, vocational, and special education as well as drop out prevention programs. Additionally, districts must pay state retirement and insurance benefits. If a charter school (district) does not offer state or federally mandated programs, it should not receive funds intended for those programs.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series