West Union pounds Falkner, 23-3
One bad inning on defense did not define the Lady Eagles, as West Union pounded Falkner, winning 23-3 in five innings on Saturday.
Falkner came out scoring three runs off one hit and two West Union errors, but that deficit was erased quickly in the bottom half of the inning, as the Lady Eagles scored six runs.
“We had scattered brains early on, our minds were not focused, and I think they figured out quick that this team was here to play and play hard, so they had to step it up. They did, and I’m proud of them for that,” coach Lisa Bogue said.
The Lady Eagles scored in each inning, led by three hits from Julianna Garner and Bailey Bogue. Doubles were hit by Bogue, Noemi Naranjo and Jesslyn Brewer, and Bogue also hit a triple in the third inning. West Union capitalized off of nine errors by Falkner, and on defense, Brittany Taylor allowed one hit and one walk with seven strikeouts.
Now at 11-6 (3-0) the Lady Eagles will travel to Myrtle on Tuesday for a battle of unbeatens in division play.
“We’ll have to practice and get ready for that game at Myrtle,” Bogue said. “It will be a challenge for us. “
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series