West Union pounds Falkner, 23-3
One bad inning on defense did not define the Lady Eagles, as West Union pounded Falkner, winning 23-3 in five innings on Saturday.
Falkner came out scoring three runs off one hit and two West Union errors, but that deficit was erased quickly in the bottom half of the inning, as the Lady Eagles scored six runs.
“We had scattered brains early on, our minds were not focused, and I think they figured out quick that this team was here to play and play hard, so they had to step it up. They did, and I’m proud of them for that,” coach Lisa Bogue said.
The Lady Eagles scored in each inning, led by three hits from Julianna Garner and Bailey Bogue. Doubles were hit by Bogue, Noemi Naranjo and Jesslyn Brewer, and Bogue also hit a triple in the third inning. West Union capitalized off of nine errors by Falkner, and on defense, Brittany Taylor allowed one hit and one walk with seven strikeouts.
Now at 11-6 (3-0) the Lady Eagles will travel to Myrtle on Tuesday for a battle of unbeatens in division play.
“We’ll have to practice and get ready for that game at Myrtle,” Bogue said. “It will be a challenge for us. “
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday