Corinth drops Lady ‘Dawgs at home
New Albany dropped its first home game of the season in a 9-1 decision over Corinth on Monday.
Coming off of a 12-2 win over Ripley last Saturday that saw the Lady Bulldogs record 15 hits, led by three hits each from Mallory Beaty and Shaneka Cullins, New Albany could only muster four hits against the Lady Warriors with Stennett Smith in the circle.
Corinth, which defeated the Lady ‘Dawgs at home last week, 12-2, scored five runs to open the game off RBI hits from Haley Christian, Erin Frazier and Rebekah Williams. The Lady Warriors’ fifth run came in on an error, and they would score runs in each of the next three innings to take a 9-0 advantage heading into the fifth inning.
New Albany left four runners on base going into the fifth and brought in its lone run with runners on second and third. Kayla Pavlick’s sacrifice hit brought in Shannon Goode, but the Lady ‘Dawgs had only one more run in the game, a single by Goode in the seventh inning.
Williams had multiple hits for Corinth, and the Lady Warriors took advantage of two pitching changes for New Albany, walking nine times in the contest.
New Albany (10-7. 0-2) had hits from Mallory Beaty, Morgan Beaty, Cullins and Goode in the loss. The Lady Bulldogs were scheduled to return to division play on Tuesday, traveling to Lafayette, but that game was called due to inclement weather. No make-up date has been announced.
New Albany hosted Lewisburg on Thursday and will be on the road again next week, traveling to North Pontotoc, Ripley and Itawamba before the final week of the regular season.
About Chris Elkins
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert