Baseball ‘Dawgs drop weekend contests
The Bulldogs plated an early run but were unable to pull out a win over Tupelo on Saturday, falling 5-1.
Mason Maxey’s triple preceded New Albany’s lone run, as he scored later on a wild pitch. The Bulldogs went through three pitchers, as Tupelo answered scoring four in the third and plating its final run in the fifth.
With two outs in the third, the Golden Wave plated two runners on base after walks, and Rob McAuley drove both in with his RBI triple. McAuley later scored on a wild pitch, and JG Miley brought in Michael Hensley off his RBI single, making it 4-1. Tupelo loaded the bases in the fourth, leading to a run scored off a sacrifice fly out by Hudson Roy.
Jake McDonald and Maxey had two hits each to lead New Albany, while McAuley had two hits to lead the Golden Wave.
New Albany also dropped an extra-inning affair on Friday, falling 9-7 to Lewisburg.
Down 5-4, Easton Hall tied the game in the bottom of the seventh, but the Patriots scored four in the ninth to pull away for the win, splitting the divisional series.
Hall and Riley Alef each had three hits for New Albany, followed by Ben Foster and Brandon Montgomery with two hits each.
New Albany will close out its division slate against Senatobia this week.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...