Baseball ‘Dawgs drop weekend contests
The Bulldogs plated an early run but were unable to pull out a win over Tupelo on Saturday, falling 5-1.
Mason Maxey’s triple preceded New Albany’s lone run, as he scored later on a wild pitch. The Bulldogs went through three pitchers, as Tupelo answered scoring four in the third and plating its final run in the fifth.
With two outs in the third, the Golden Wave plated two runners on base after walks, and Rob McAuley drove both in with his RBI triple. McAuley later scored on a wild pitch, and JG Miley brought in Michael Hensley off his RBI single, making it 4-1. Tupelo loaded the bases in the fourth, leading to a run scored off a sacrifice fly out by Hudson Roy.
Jake McDonald and Maxey had two hits each to lead New Albany, while McAuley had two hits to lead the Golden Wave.
New Albany also dropped an extra-inning affair on Friday, falling 9-7 to Lewisburg.
Down 5-4, Easton Hall tied the game in the bottom of the seventh, but the Patriots scored four in the ninth to pull away for the win, splitting the divisional series.
Hall and Riley Alef each had three hits for New Albany, followed by Ben Foster and Brandon Montgomery with two hits each.
New Albany will close out its division slate against Senatobia this week.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...