Ingomar takes opening series against Ethel
Ingomar fought off Ethel, earning a 14-4 game one win at home on Friday.
The Lady Tigers struck first, scoring two runs off three hits, but the Lady Falcons answered quickly with three runs in the bottom half of the inning, led by an RBI double by Morgan Kelly.
A wild pitch in the top of the second allowed Ethel to tie the game at three, but Ingomar pulled away in the third, scoring five runs. Five Lady Falcon batters were hit in the inning, two more walked, and Ingomar added runs in each of the remaining innings, finishing in six innings.
Kelly led Ingomar with two hits, and Erin Wall had the win in the circle.
The Lady Falcons played at Ethel on Saturday, picking up a 16-8 win over the Lady Tigers to advance to next weekend's series against Pine Grove.
Myrtle- The Lady Hawks were scheduled to open its playoff run this weekend against H.W. Byers, but that series will not take place after a forfeit by the Lady Lions. Myrtle advances to play Smithville next weekend.
West Union-The defending north half champions will open its playoff run next weekend, taking on the Vardaman. West Union wrapped up the Division 2-1A title on Thursday night with a 6-4 win over Ingomar.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...