Ingomar takes opening series against Ethel
Ingomar fought off Ethel, earning a 14-4 game one win at home on Friday.
The Lady Tigers struck first, scoring two runs off three hits, but the Lady Falcons answered quickly with three runs in the bottom half of the inning, led by an RBI double by Morgan Kelly.
A wild pitch in the top of the second allowed Ethel to tie the game at three, but Ingomar pulled away in the third, scoring five runs. Five Lady Falcon batters were hit in the inning, two more walked, and Ingomar added runs in each of the remaining innings, finishing in six innings.
Kelly led Ingomar with two hits, and Erin Wall had the win in the circle.
The Lady Falcons played at Ethel on Saturday, picking up a 16-8 win over the Lady Tigers to advance to next weekend's series against Pine Grove.
Myrtle- The Lady Hawks were scheduled to open its playoff run this weekend against H.W. Byers, but that series will not take place after a forfeit by the Lady Lions. Myrtle advances to play Smithville next weekend.
West Union-The defending north half champions will open its playoff run next weekend, taking on the Vardaman. West Union wrapped up the Division 2-1A title on Thursday night with a 6-4 win over Ingomar.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...