We received two form letters yesterday mailed from Portland, Ore., advising us that we may qualify for a “free” cellular phone. This offer also included “free” texting and we could select from three different plans with “free” long distance, “free” roaming and multiple other “free” benefits.
It even had a place where you could be referred for “free” service by a friend. It went on to say that we could get a “free” cell phone if we had an annual income of over $52,000. In the fine print it went on to say that this was a federal program, in other words, it is taxpayer funded. Need I say more?
Gary D. Weathers
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes September 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Ignoring burn ban can cost you money September 29, 2016
- BNA Bank converting former bus station into new mortgage center September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...