We received two form letters yesterday mailed from Portland, Ore., advising us that we may qualify for a “free” cellular phone. This offer also included “free” texting and we could select from three different plans with “free” long distance, “free” roaming and multiple other “free” benefits.
It even had a place where you could be referred for “free” service by a friend. It went on to say that we could get a “free” cell phone if we had an annual income of over $52,000. In the fine print it went on to say that this was a federal program, in other words, it is taxpayer funded. Need I say more?
Gary D. Weathers
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...