Ingomar golf wins second district championship
Ingomar golf picked up its second consecutive district title last week, and an added bonus gives the Falcons an advantage as they now look forward to state next week.
Sophomore Molly Hale has declared to compete with the boys, foregoing her chance to win an individual title in girls’ competition. Hale finished runner-up last year, and was favored to win on the girls’ side, but has chosen to not only improve her game by competing with the boys, but also help Ingomar in its quest for a state title.
“Once she played in division and declared with the male team, she’s locked in to play at state,” Ingomar coach Mike Conway said. “She would have been a walk-in for a state championship, but she chose to make her game better by playing with the guys.”
Hale finished district competition, shooting a 75, two strokes from the medalist. Her brother, Matt, finished behind her with a 79, followed by Chandler Thompson with an 84, Brad Aldridge with a 94 and Levi Jumper with a 106.
Going against tough competition in Tupelo Christian and St. Aloysuis, Conway hopes to see his team put together four good scores when they compete at Big Oaks in Tupelo next week.
“We’ve had three people as medalists throughout the year (Molly Hale, Matt Hale and Chandler Thompson), so if we can get that fourth score down, we can compete,” he said.
The practice round will be on Monday, May 7, while the state tournament will take place next Tuesday and Wednesday, May 8-9.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- Church honors first responders September 29, 2016
- East Union opens division play at Byers September 30, 2016
- Headed to postseason September 30, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...