Ingomar golf wins second district championship
Ingomar golf picked up its second consecutive district title last week, and an added bonus gives the Falcons an advantage as they now look forward to state next week.
Sophomore Molly Hale has declared to compete with the boys, foregoing her chance to win an individual title in girls’ competition. Hale finished runner-up last year, and was favored to win on the girls’ side, but has chosen to not only improve her game by competing with the boys, but also help Ingomar in its quest for a state title.
“Once she played in division and declared with the male team, she’s locked in to play at state,” Ingomar coach Mike Conway said. “She would have been a walk-in for a state championship, but she chose to make her game better by playing with the guys.”
Hale finished district competition, shooting a 75, two strokes from the medalist. Her brother, Matt, finished behind her with a 79, followed by Chandler Thompson with an 84, Brad Aldridge with a 94 and Levi Jumper with a 106.
Going against tough competition in Tupelo Christian and St. Aloysuis, Conway hopes to see his team put together four good scores when they compete at Big Oaks in Tupelo next week.
“We’ve had three people as medalists throughout the year (Molly Hale, Matt Hale and Chandler Thompson), so if we can get that fourth score down, we can compete,” he said.
The practice round will be on Monday, May 7, while the state tournament will take place next Tuesday and Wednesday, May 8-9.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Faulkner readers urged to just ‘keep on goin’ September 22, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...