Softball ends for county schools
County softball teams saw their seasons come to an end on Saturday, falling in games versus Vardaman, Pine Grove and Smithville.
At West Union, the Lady Eagles could not overcome early mishaps, falling 11-6 to Vardaman.
The Lady Rams scored five runs in the first inning off hits by Grace Edmondson and Trisha Williams. The Lady Eagles also committed two errors, helping Vardaman.
West Union got one run back in the bottom half of the frame, as an error brought Brittany Taylor in, but Vardaman would take a 10-1 lead in the third before the Lady Eagles scored its next run.
Down 11-2 in the sixth, Julianna Garner brought in two runs for the Lady Eagles off her single and later scored on an error.
Hannah McQuary drove in another run, but West Union could not add any more, ending its season after entering the playoffs as the one seed out of Region 2-1A.
Gina Beth Conlee had three hits to lead the Lady Eagles, while Whitley Gee and Edmondson each had three hits for Vardaman.
West Union fell, 6-3, in game one on Friday, as the Lady Rams overcame an early 3-0 deficit, scoring six runs in the fourth.
Myrtle and Ingomar also dropped weekend series against Smithville and Pine Grove.
Against the Lady Seminoles, Myrtle lost 12-2 on Friday behind a 10-hit performance. Traveling to Smithville on Saturday, the Lady ‘Noles took the series with a 9-2 win.
Taking on Pine Grove, Ingomar allowed 12 runs off 13 hits and committed four errors in the 12-4 loss.
Lacy Blankey led Pine Grove with four hits, while Kelly Fooshee had multiple hits, including a double, for Ingomar.
Pine Grove took the series with a 7-3 win at home on Saturday. Lauren Koon had multiple hits, but had the loss in the circle.
Ingomar’s season ends with a 9-20 record.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday