Dorothy Rowell obituary
Dorothy “Dot” Louise Pernell Rowell, 76, of Cotton Plant, died Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at Union County Health and Rehab in New Albany.
She was born Jan. 7, 1936 in Cotton Plant to the late Ira Neely Pernell and Roxie Jennings Pernell. She was a long time employee of Napa in Ripley, and Master-Bilt in New Albany. She was a member of the of the Academy Baptist Church where she was active in the WMU.
Services were held at 11 a.m., Saturday, April 14, 2012 at the United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. James A. Lewis and the Rev. Kenny Adair officiating. Interment was in the Ebenezer Presbyterian Church Cemetery. United Funeral Service is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by her son Jeffrey Pernell Smith (Whitney) of Ecru, and two grandchildren Hudson Pernell Smith and Kathryn Elizabeth Smith both of Ecru.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husbands Curtis Smith and Jimmy Rowell, and her daughter Connie Denise Smith.
Pallbearers were Jim Cobb, Trey Phyfer, Stephen Moore, William West, Jessie Corley, and Chris Smithey.
Visitation was from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to the Academy Baptist Church, Blue Mountain Road, Blue Mountain, MS 38610, or the North Mississippi Regional Center, 967 Regional Center Drive, Oxford, MS 38655.
About Chris Elkins
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...