Dorothy Rowell obituary
Dorothy “Dot” Louise Pernell Rowell, 76, of Cotton Plant, died Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at Union County Health and Rehab in New Albany.
She was born Jan. 7, 1936 in Cotton Plant to the late Ira Neely Pernell and Roxie Jennings Pernell. She was a long time employee of Napa in Ripley, and Master-Bilt in New Albany. She was a member of the of the Academy Baptist Church where she was active in the WMU.
Services were held at 11 a.m., Saturday, April 14, 2012 at the United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. James A. Lewis and the Rev. Kenny Adair officiating. Interment was in the Ebenezer Presbyterian Church Cemetery. United Funeral Service is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by her son Jeffrey Pernell Smith (Whitney) of Ecru, and two grandchildren Hudson Pernell Smith and Kathryn Elizabeth Smith both of Ecru.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husbands Curtis Smith and Jimmy Rowell, and her daughter Connie Denise Smith.
Pallbearers were Jim Cobb, Trey Phyfer, Stephen Moore, William West, Jessie Corley, and Chris Smithey.
Visitation was from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to the Academy Baptist Church, Blue Mountain Road, Blue Mountain, MS 38610, or the North Mississippi Regional Center, 967 Regional Center Drive, Oxford, MS 38655.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...