Joe McDonald obituary
Joe Dewey McDonald, 61, of New Albany, died Sunday, April 22, 2012 at his residence.
He was born Jan. 16, 1951 in New Albany to the late William “Bill” McDonald and Dessie V. Foreman McDonald. He was a retired truck driver. He was a member of the Bethlehem Church of the Lord Jesus Christ. He enjoyed fishing, being outdoors, and mowing his grass.
Services were held at 2 p.m., Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at the United Funeral Service Chapel with Steve Wilson officiating. Interment was in the Bethlehem Church of the Lord Jesus Christ Cemetery. United Funeral Service was in charge of the arrangements.
He is survived by his ex-wife Patricia McDonald of Myrtle, his daughter Susan Perkins of Myrtle, three sons Joseph Dewayne McDonald (Robin) of New Albany, Joe Dewey McDonald, Jr. (Monica) of Myrtle, and Mark Eugene Pickens (Tina) of Myrtle, a sister Betty Sue McDonald Payne of New Albany, a brother Danny Wayne McDonald (Kathy) of New Albany, and 11 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers, and two grandchildren.
Pallbearers were Tommy Allred, Steve Jumper, Alan Jumper, Billy Yager, Bud Hicks, Tony Clark, Mark Weathers, and Robby Windham. The honorary pallbearer was Gerald Hale.
Visitation was from 4 to 9 p.m. Monday at the funeral home.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...